- 2 cups - rice
- ¼ cup - urad dal
- ¼ cup - chana dal
- 1 - coconut,potato,carrot,onion - sliced
- 4 - green chillies
- 50 g -. shelled green peas
- 25 g - cabbage
- 1 tsp - cumin seeds
- 2 tbsp - finely grated coconut
- ½” piece - ginger
- salt to taste
- Steam cook all the vegetables and crush them.
- Soak dals and rice in water for about 6 hours.
- Extract thick juice from coconut.
- Grind rice, dals and ginger to a paste along with chillies.
- Mix all the vegetables, coconut, coriander leaves, onion, salt and enough coconut milk to form a thick batter.
- Set aside for 1 hour and then steam in idly plates.
Please take the time to let us know what you think about this recipe. Your comments all invited :)