- Carrot,cut into ¼ inch cubes and blanched - 1 medium
- beans,cut into ¼ inch cubes and blanched - 6-8
- Green peas,blanched - 1/4 cup
- Green capsicum - 1 medium
- Semolina (rawa/suji) - 1 1/2 cups
- Onion - 1 medium
- Green chillies - 3
- Ginger 1 inch piece
- olive oil - 2 tablespoons
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
- Curry leaves - 15-20
- Split black gram skinless (dhuli urad dal) - 2 teaspoons
- Salt to taste
- Chop onion, green chillies and ginger.
- Heat extra virgin olive oil in a non stick pan.
- Add mustard seeds, ginger, curry leaves and urad dal and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add onion and sauté for 2 minutes. Heat 3 cups water in another non stick pan.
- When the onion becomes golden, add semolina and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add green chillies, salt and mix. Sauté for 1 minute. Chop green capsicum and set aside.
- Add hot water to the pan and cook till most of the water is absorbed. Add carrot, beans, peas and mix.
- Cover and cook for 1-2 minutes. Add capsicum and mix.
- Cover again and cook till the semolina is properly cooked. Serve hot.
- You can also garnish with coriander leaves and/or freshly scraped coconut and serve.
"Yummy UPMA Serve with chutney and ghee"
Please take the time to let us know what you think about this recipe. Your comments will help us to rate those recipes that most people find enjoyable."