- Heat the olive oil in a large pan,
- then tip in the onion and garlic.
- Cook over a moderate heat until the onion has softened, about 5 mins.
- Stir in the tomato, then pour in the chopped tomatoes and basil leaves and bring up to the boil.
- Turn the heat down and leave to simmer for about 15 mins until thick and full of flavour and you can freeze upto 1 month .
- To finish the soup, take some of the tomato mixture into a pan.
- put little baking soda into a small bowl and pour over 1 tbsp or so of the milk.
- Mix together, then tip into the tomato mix and pour over the milk.
- Gently simmer for about 5 mins until ready to serve.
Please take the time to let us know what you think about this recipe. Your comments will help us to rate those recipes that most people find enjoyable."