- 1 cup Rajma Pappu cook until soft and mash.
- Tomoto – 4 cups finely chopped
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- Salt - 2 tbsp Masala
- Red chilli powder - 1 tbsp
- Small lemon
- Tamarind for popu/tadka/seasoning
- 1 ½ tbsp oil
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp split black gram dal
- 4-5 dried red chillies (tear into pieces)
- 10 curry leaves
How To Make this Recipe:
- Wash rajma thoroughly with water 3 or 4 times .
- soak rajma overnight or for at least for 8 hours. (Kidney beans will get double in size after soaking).
- Cook it in a vessel on pressure cooker for 15 mins on low heat till rajma soft & soothy .
- Add the Tomoto, green chillies, tamarind, masala red chilli powder and combine.
- Then add salt and It should not be a watery dal but have more of a thick consistency dal.
- Heat oil in a Pan, add mustard seeds, pop them , add the cumin seeds, split gram dal and let them brown. Next add the red chillies, curry leaves, chopped onions
- Add the cooked and mashed rajma dal to the above talimpu. Cook for another 4-5 mts on medium heat.
"Yummy Rajma Dal Ready Serve with white rice or hot rotis with ghee."
Please take the time to let us know what you think about this recipe. Your comments will help us to rate those recipes that most people find enjoyable."