For cooking white Rice:
For Onion Masala :
- 1 Tbsp mint - chopped
- 3 Tbsp coriander - chopped
- 1/4 cup ghee
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon-broken
- 4 cloves
- 2 green cardamoms
- 1/2 cup onions-grated
- 2 tsp ginger-garlic
- 2 cup Onion
- 4 green chillies-slit
- 2 tsp salt or to taste
- Coriander leaves for garnish
How to cook rice
- Rinse your rice in a strainer before cooking
- use a 1:2 ratio of one cup of rice to two cups of water.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon oil
- Keep and cover the pot in stove for boling Don't take off the lid while the rice is cooking — this lets the steam out and affects the cooking time.
- Heat for 30 minutes or until fully cooked.Approx time of cooking White Rice: 18 to 25 minutes
How to Make Masala :
- Meanwhile, take another pan heat the ghee and add the cinnamon, cloves and cardamoms.
- Add the onions and ginger garlic paste and saute till onions are a light brown.
- Add the Onion puree and saute till fat separates.
- Add the green chillies and salt and simmer gently for 5 minutes.
- once masala cooked combine with rice salt and pepper to taste. serve it hot
"Yummy Onion Rice Ready.Serve hot with curd and enjoy the great taste"
Please take the time to let us know what you think about this recipe. Your comments will help us to rate those recipes that most people find enjoyable."