- 1 tsp fenugreek seeds (dana methi)
- 200 gm onion (pyaj)
- 1 tsp mustard seeds (rai)
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1/2 tsp red chilly powder (lal mirch)
- 10-12 curry leaves (kadi patta)
Dosa Paste/Batter :
- 1 1/2 cups rice
- 1/2 cup urad dal
- salt to taste
Method for Dosa Paste/Batter
- Separately soak rice and urad dal at least 6 hour or overnight in water.
- Grind to paste.
- Mix together, add salt with water to make batter.
- Leave in room temperature overnight.
Onion Filing making :
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan and crackle rai and curry leaves.
- Then fry onion in it until it turns light brown.
- Now put 1/2 tsp salt, lal mirch, haldi in it.
- Fry for 2 minutes and remove it from the flame. Keep it aside for stuffing.
Onion Dosa Making
- Now heat a non stick tawa and spread 1 tbsp of the batter on the whole of the pan.
- When cooked spread onion mixture on it.
- Grease all the corners with oil.
- Roll and remove it from the flame.
- Put little water on the tawa and wipe it with a clean cloth before making each dosa.
Please take the time to let us know what you think about this recipe. Your comments will help us to rate those recipes that most people find enjoyable."