- 1/2 cup besan (Gram flour)
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour (gehun ka atta)
- 1/2 cup plain flour (maida) - optionl
- 3 tbsp soya flour
- 1 tbsp dried fenugreek leaves (methi)
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- a pinch of asafoetida (hing)
- salt to taste
- 1/8 tsp oil for kneading
- whole wheat flour (gehun ka atta) for rolling
- 1 tbsp oil for cooking
- In a bowl, add the flour with all filling Ingredients,salt and water,knead well the dough.
- Make small balls from the prepared dough.
- Place the dough in the floured surface and roll the dough into a thick roti.
- In a hot griddle, place the roti and cook both sides until turns to light brown color.
- Repeat the same with the other rotis.
- Serve immediately with yoghurt or garlic chutney.
- you can Keep Besan Roti’s in a covered container or wrap them in aluminum foil.
Please take the time to let us know what you think about this recipe. Your comments will help us to rate those recipes that most people find enjoyable."