The many varieties of rice are there in market long,medium and short-grain rices.Rice is cooked by boiling or steaming, and absorbs water during cooking.17 countries in Asia and the pacific, 9 countries in North and South America and 8 countries in Africa. Rice provides 20% of the world’s dietary energy supply.Asian/Indian farmers still fertilize 92% of the world's total rice product and suppy to other country. when it comes to Rice recipes at fist rice should be cooked and make masala in another vessel and add both Please find recipe for Jeera Rice ........\
For cooking white Rice:
For Jeera Masala :
- 1 Tbsp mint - chopped
- 3 Tbsp coriander - chopped
- 1/4 cup ghee
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon-broken
- 4 cloves
- 2 green cardamoms
- 1/2 cup Jeeras
- 2 tsp ginger-garlic
- 4 green chillies-slit
- 2 tsp salt or to taste
- Coriander leaves for garnish
How to cook rice
- Rinse your rice in a strainer before cooking
- use a 1:2 ratio of one cup of rice to two cups of water.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon oil
- Keep and cover the pot in stove for boling Don't take off the lid while the rice is cooking — this lets the steam out and affects the cooking time.
- Heat for 30 minutes or until fully cooked.Approx time of cooking White Rice: 18 to 25 minutes
How to Make Masala :
- Meanwhile, take another pan heat the ghee and add the cinnamon, cloves and cardamoms.
- Add the Jeera and cook for 1 min.
- Add the ginger garlic paste and saute till Jeeras are a light brown.
- Add the green chillies and salt and simmer gently for 5 minutes.
- once masala cooked combine with rice salt and pepper to taste. serve it hot
"Yummy Jeera Rice Ready.Serve hot with curd and enjoy the great taste"
Please take the time to let us know what you think about this recipe. Your comments will help us to rate those recipes that most people find enjoyable."