- 1 cup tur dal (kandi pappu) cook until soft and mash.
- DOSAKAI – 4 cups finely chopped
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- Salt - 2 tbsp Masala
- red chilli powder - 1 tbsp 5 6
- Small lemon
- tamarind for popu/tadka/seasoning:
- 1 ½ tbsp oil
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp split black gram dal
- 4-5 dried red chillies (tear into pieces)
- 10 curry leaves
How To Make this Recipe:
- Wash kandi pappu (tur dal) thoroughly with water 3 or 4 times .
- Cook it in a vessel on pressure cooker for 10mts on low heat till kandipappu/dal soft & soothy .
- Add the DOSAKAI, green chillies, tamarind, masala red chilli powder and combine.
- Then add salt and It should not be a watery dal but have more of a thick consistency dal.
- Heat oil in a Pan, add mustard seeds, pop them , add the cumin seeds, split gram dal and let them brown. Next add the red chillies, curry leaves, chopped onions
- Add the cooked and mashed dal or kandipappu to the above talimpu. Cook for another 4-5 mts on medium heat.
Please take the time to let us know what you think about this recipe. Your comments will help us to rate those recipes that most people find enjoyable."