Ingredients for the filling
- 3/4 cup of yellow split moon dal (soaked for 30 minutes)
- 2 teaspoon finely chopped ginger
- 1 teaspoon chopped green chillies (optional if serving young children)
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 2 teaspoons dry mango powder
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped coriander leaves
Ingredients for the dough
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Water to knead the dough
- Oil/ ghee for cooking
- Soak the moong dal for 30 minutes.
How to make
- Soak the moong dal for 30 minutes. Once soaked, steam the moong dal for about 25 minutes until cooked, draining all excess water.
- Once steamed and cooked,allow it to cool. A
- Add the remaining ingredients to the dal and mix well
- Divide it into 12- 15 equal portions. Set aside.
- Add flour and salt in a large bowl, adding little water at a time to make soft, pliable dough.
- Knead dough until it is smooth and elastic. Add 1 teaspoon oil to coat the dough and knead little more.
- Add a portion of the stuffing in the center. Gather the sides and bring them together,Remove the little excess dough which popped out when you brought them together.
- Press the stuffed dough down. Toss it in some flour and roll it gently applying just even pressure to roll. Roll it to desired thickness and your comfort level in rolling.
- Place the stuffed parathas on the hot griddle/skillet. Cook for about ½ a minute, flip over and add 1 teaspoon of oil/ ghee in and around the paratha.
- Flip and cook the other side for about 1 minute adding 1 more teaspoon of oil. Cook until light golden spots appear on the parathas.
"Yammy Paratha Recipe Ready"
Please take the time to let us know what you think about this recipe. Your comments will help us to rate those recipes that most people find enjoyable."