Coriander Pickle/ Kothimiri Pachadi
- 4 big bunches of fresh coriander leaves (washed and chopped)
- 4 green chillis (slit lengthwise)
- 3 dry red chillis
- 2 tbsp channa dal (senaga pappu, bengal gram lentil)
- 2 tbsp urad dal(minappa pappu, black gram lentil)
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 2 tbsp tamarind paste
- sunflower oil
How to make:
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds, and wait till splutter.
- Add the dry red chillis, urad dal, channa dal and fry constantly till brown
- To the same oil add the coriander leaves and green chillis and fry for 3-4 minutes on medium heat stirring continuously.Remove from fire and cool.
- Grind the fried dals mixture, tamarind paste and salt.
- add the coriander leaves and green chillis and grind to a slightly coarse paste adding little water.
- Heat 1/2 tsp oil in a pan.Add mustard seeds and let them splutter and then add the curry leaves and fry for 10-15 seconds and turn off heat.
- Add this to the chutney and mix.
- Serve with idli,dosa,vada