PREP TIME: 1 hour(s) COOK TIME: 20 min(s) YIELD: 15 servings
- 1/2 cup of all purpose flour
- 1 cup of powdered milk
- 2 tablespoons of ghee
- 1 egg, beaten well
- 2 cups of water
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of mawa
1. Add flour, powdered milk, ghee, baking powder and egg in a mixing bowl. Mix well and make oval shaped circular shaped “kalo jam” in your palm. Set aside.
2. In a cooking pot, heat water and sugar to make a thick sugar syrup. Pour this syrup on a bowl.
3. Heat a deep frying pan with oil and fry the kalo jam a few at a time until they turn brown.
4. Soak the fried “kalo jam” overnight in the sugar syrup.
5. Sprinkle the mawa all over. Serve!