- IDLI RICE 4 CUPS
- URAD DAL 1 CUP
- RICE FLAKE / POHA
- WATER AS NEEDED
- SALT AS NEEDED
- Wash the rice,urad dal and poha soak them in enough water for 4 hours.
- add the soaked rice, urad dal and poha into the wet grinder.
- Grind this into a smooth batter adding water in regular intervals.
- It took approximately 2 to 3 cups of water to grind this batter.
- The entire of process of grinding took 30 minutes.
- Add salt and mix it nicely with your hands or a spatula.
- Keep it in a container and allow it to ferment for 8 to 10 hours.
- For making idlis, grease the Idli plate with oil(preferably sesame oil) . Heat the Idli pan with 1 cup of water and allow the water to boil.
- Pour 3/4 the ladle of idli batter to the idli plates and steam it for 12 minutes.
- you can had with red chutney, coconut chutney and Sambar.
Please take the time to let us know what you think about this recipe. Your comments will help us to rate those recipes that most people find enjoyable.