- Drumstick - 10 to 15
- Tamarind Pulp - 2 cup
- Red Chilli Powder - 1 cup
- Salt - 1/2 cup
- Gingelly Oil - 2 cups
- Turmeric Powder - 2 tsp
- Mustard Seeds - 4 tsp
- Red Chillies - 15 to 20
- Garlic - 8 to 10 flakes
1. Wash the drumsticks and cut into 2 inch pieces.
2. Spread over a cloth for 3 hours to dry.
3. Heat 2 to 4 tblsp of oil in a pan.
4. Add the drumstick pieces.
5. Mix well and cover with a lid over low flame.
6. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes, stirring from time to time.
7. Remove the lid and cook until the moisture evaporates.
8. Remove the drumstick pieces and keep aside.
9. In the same pan, pour the remaining oil.
10. Add mustard seeds, garlic, red chillies and tamarind pulp.
11. Add turmeric powder and salt.
12. Boil for sometime and then add the drumstick pieces and red chilli powder.
13. Cook until thick.
14. Remove from heat and store in a dry bottle/container.
15. Can be stored for 4 months.