Ingredients for Tamarind / Chintakaya pickle:
- 500 gms raw Green tamarind (Wash them thoroughly with water and dry them on a towel for 4 to 5 hours until they are completely dried.)
- 100 gms salt
- 1 tea spoon hald
Method for Paste:
- Cut the dried tamarind to small pieces and grind softly in a Stone grinder (rubbu rolu) While grinding add salt and haldi to it.
- Take paste into a container and store it.
- After 3 days the pickle/thokku becomes a little soft.
- Now grind it once again to fine paste.
- Taste and see that the salt is sufficient if not add salt and store it in a air tight container.
Ingredients for preparing Pachadi
- 1 cup chintakaya thokku
- 4 green chillies
- 3 red chillies
- 1 tea spoon rai
- 1 tea spoon urad dal
- 1 table spoon chanadal
- 1/2 tea spoon methi
- 1/4 tea spoon hing
- 1 table spoon oil
- few curry leaves
- Heat half table spoon of oil in a pan. Add rai to it.
- add the chanadal and urad dal.
- Fry until they turn to golden brown and add green and red chillies.
- Switch off the flame and allow the ingredients to cool.
- Take above paste and then add the chintakaya thokku to it and grind to smooth paste.
- Heat half table spoon of oil in a pan and add mustard, curry leaves and a red chilli.
- When the mustard seed/rai starts to crackle add hing and switch off the flame.
- Add the thadka to the pachadi/chutney.
Tastes really yummy when served with rice with ghee and raw onion
Please comment for you have liked this recipeee