For the dough (Atta)
For the filling
- chana dal ,( soaked for 4 hours) -1 cup
- mirch powder(red chilli) -1 teaspoon
- turmeric powder (haldi) -1/2 teaspoon
- bay leaf(tej patta) -2
- Jeera- 1/4 teaspoon
- lal mirch(whole red chilli) -1
- oil -1 tablespoon
- salt to taste
- oil for cooking
Method for Chana Dal Paratha
Preparation of dough (Atta)
- In flour add oil and salt, mix it lightly with finger tips then knead into a soft dough using enough water. Knead very well.
- Cover the dough and, keep aside.
Preparation of filling
- Wash the dal thoroughly, drain water completely.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan, add tej patta, jeera and lal mirch. Then put the drained dal in fry pan cook for 3 to 4 minutes on medium flame .
- Add mirch powder and haldi powder to the dal. Fry it for 3 minutes. Now add salt.
- Remove it away from the stove. Keep aside for cooling 2-3 minutes.
- Now grind the dal to paste in a blender without using any water.
Preparation of Paratha
- Now make small balls from dough .
- Roll out each portion of the dough
- Place a portion of the filling mixture in the centre of the dough circle.
- Bring together the edges in the centre to seal the filling inside the dough.
- Roll out the stuffed dough circle into a thin paratha
- Repeat for the remaining filling and dough to make more.
- Cook each chana dal paratha on a hot tava using a little oil till both sides are golden brown.
"Yammy Paratha Recipe Ready"
Please take the time to let us know what you think about this recipe. Your comments will help us to rate those recipes that most people find enjoyable."