- Sieve the flour and add the ghee, mix well. Gradually add water to make a soft dough.
- Divide dough into small balls, flatten and make thumb impressions in the centre.
- Prepare a thick syrup from the sugar.
- Heat ghee in a deep frying pan and put in the balushahis. Remove the pan from heat till the ghee stops simmering. Replace pan on heat and bring ghee again to smoking point. Repeat the process till the balushahis are well risen and layers appear.
- When all the dough is used, place balushahis on a perforated vessel and pour thick, hot sugar syrup over them.
- Shake the vessel so that when the syrup is cold it should leave an even coating.